What a year metal head legends Trivium have had in 2017 following their release of their PERFECT return to form album The Sin and The Sentence (our review here). The four piece welcomed new drummer Alex Bent, who fit in quite well and got straight to work keeping the rest of the band on their toes and in between their excessive touring schedule we even managed to grab bassist Paolo Gregoletto for co-host duties on our Wall of Sound: Up Against The Wall podcast who gave us all an insight to the band’s brutally beautiful new offering. We could have wrapped up our year with the boys right then and there but when frontman Matthew Heafy offered to be a guest contributor for our Wall of Sound 2017 Year In Review, how could we refuse?
TOP 5 ALBUMS OF 2017
1. Fit For An Autopsy – The Great Collapse
2. Der Weg Einer Freiheit – Finisterre
3. Zeal & Ardor – Devil Is Fine
4. Thy Art Is Murder – Dear Desolation
5. Creeper – Eternity, In Your Arms
TOP 5 SONGS OF 2017
1. Fit For An Autopsy – ‘Hydra‘
2. Der Weg Einer Freiheit – ‘Aufbruch‘
3. Zeal & Ardor – ‘Devil Is Fine‘
4. Thy Art Is Murder – ‘The Son Of Misery‘
5. Creeper – ‘Poison Pens‘
BEST MUSIC VIDEO OF 2017
Trivium – ‘The Sin & The Sentence‘
BEST GIG YOU’VE SEEN IN 2017
Trivium – NYC – PlayStation Theater [Nov 3rd] 📷: @Kiichichaos
BEST SHOW YOUR BAND PLAYED THIS YEAR?
(See cheeky above)
WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2018?
Trivium touring our asses off!! 📷: Jerika Faithfull