It’s been over four years since Rob Zombie released his album The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser and today we get to hear the start of his next phase of music with the dropping of his single ‘The Triumph Of KING FREAK: A Crypt Of Preservation And Superstition‘ from his new album The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy, out March 12 via Nuclear Blast.
A mouthful of words, but luckily the song itself rocks harrrrd. It sounds like your typical Rob Zombie track, plenty of riffs, psychedelic metal instrumentals and guitars drive the song with a funky “breakdown” section complete with DJ scratching and Rob’s iconic vocals taking us on a journey through his horror filled life. I’ve been a passive fan since ‘Dragula‘ and in my opinion, this song just oozes that Zombie sex appeal he does so well! Probably helps that John 5 is on the guitars too.
Because we get released early in Australia, stay tuned for more to come from this as the rest of the world wakes up and gets their greasy hands on a new Rob Zombie song ahead of Halloween tomorrow night!
Pre-order the new album here
Rob Zombie – The Lunar Injection Kool Aid Eclipse Conspiracy tracklisting
1. Expanding the Head of Zed
2. The Triumph of King Freak (A Crypt of Preservation and Superstition)
3. The Ballad of Sleazy Rider
4. Hovering Over the Dull Earth
5. Shadow of the Cemetery Man
6. A Brief Static Hum and Then the Radio Blared
7. 18th Century Cannibals, Excitable Morlocks and a One-Way Ticket On the Ghost Train
8. The Eternal Struggles of the Howling Man
9. The Much Talked of Metamorphosis
10. The Satanic Rites of Blacula
11. Shower of Stones
12. Shake Your Ass-Smoke Your Grass
14. What You Gonna Do with That Gun Mama?
15. Get Loose
16. The Serenity of Witches
17. Crow Killer Blues