Florida’s Trivium have spent the past decade-plus, building their reputation and steadily rising to prominence, becoming one of the main torchbearers of heavy metal in the modern era. With millions of albums sold globally and numerous world tours (from Ozzfest, Mayhem, and Download to opening for Metallica, Black Sabbath, and Iron Maiden to extensive headline treks), Trivium began their journey in 2003 with their debut album Ember To Inferno. The record quickly captured the attention of the band’s earliest fans as well as the ears of A&R reps at Roadrunner Records, who rapidly signed the band and went on to release their watershed album Ascendancy in 2005. Ember To Inferno was the catalyst for what was to come and it has been out of print for several years… until now.
The band and 5B Artist Management have partnered with Cooking Vinyl to re-release the album, along with a deluxe edition that includes 13 additional demos that have never been previously available yet have earnt evasive legend status among the diehards. It’s a true treasure trove of material that will delight the staunchest Trivium fans and beyond.
“The purpose of this release is to show the very early beginnings of Trivium—perhaps an era unbeknownst to most listeners of the band,” said Trivium vocalist and guitarist Matt Heafy. “To look back at Ember as the starting point of Trivium becoming recognised worldwide is a staggering thought for me, considering I was 16/17 years old during the writing and recording of the record…As a kid, I always said the ‘goal’ was to be in a massive metal band. I don’t think I actually knew what it would mean to have fans in different parts of the world, and I still can’t believe people care so much that they actually want to hear the music that pre-dates our Roadrunner-years. To this day, I am still completely blown away that people are singing words to songs I wrote when I was 16 years old. It’s an amazing feeling.”
Ember To Inferno will be released in four configurations, with the deluxe editions containing the band’s early demos “Ruber” (aka the Red Demo), “Caeruleus” (aka the Blue Demo) and “Flavus” (aka the Yellow Demo).
The formats available are:
- Ember To Inferno — Standard CD.
- Ember To Inferno — Standard Vinyl LP, which is the original album in a 2LP Gatefold on orange/black marble vinyl.
- Ember To Inferno: Ab Initio — Deluxe CD, which is the original album with new artwork, plus 13 bonus tracks and expanded booklet in a digipak. The 13 bonus tracks are the band’s early demos – “Ruber” (aka the Red Demo), “Caeruleus” (aka the Blue Demo) and “Flavus” (aka the Yellow Demo).
- Ember To Inferno: Ab Initio — Deluxe 5LP Box, which is five coloured LPs in a special box including the original album in a 2LP Gatefold on orange/black marble vinyl, the expanded booklet, a poster, a stencil, and 13 bonus tracks over three LPs. The 13 bonus tracks are the band’s early demos – “Ruber” (aka the Red Demo) on transparent red vinyl, “Caeruleus” (aka the Blue Demo) on transparent blue vinyl, and “Flavus” (aka the Yellow Demo) on transparent yellow.
EMBER TO INFERNO STANDARD EDITION
1. Inception, The Bleeding Skies
2. Pillars Of Serpents
3. If I Could Collapse The Masses
4. Fugue (A Revelation)
6. Ember To Inferno
8. To Burn The Eye
9. Falling To Grey
10. My Hatred
11. When All Light Dies
12. A View Of Burning Empires
EMBER TO INFERNO: AB INITIO DELUXE ONLY BONUS TRACKS:
Ruber (On Transparent Red Vinyl for Box Set)
3. Lake Of Fire
Caeruleus (On Transparent Blue Vinyl for Box Set)
4. To Burn The Eye
7. My Hatred
8. The Storm
Flavus (On Transparent Yellow Vinyl for Box Set)
11. Like Light To The Flies
12. Blinding Tears Will Break The Skies
13. The Deceived
*From Official Press Release
Pre-order now on JB HiFi Australian exclusive Deluxe Edition Featuring New Artwork, Plus Bonus CD With 13 Bonus Tracks!
Chip in a buck or two for the WoS crew!
Want to help Wall of Sound grow and deliver more killer content? Support us by chipping in as little as a dollar to help!